This is our last week of our study of the Apostle's Creed. Credo is the first word of the Apostle's Creed in Latin. It means "I believe". The Apostle's Creed is a summary of Christian teaching, and it is also a solemn pledge of allegiance. This creed is a framework for Christian thinking and Christian commitment. What have you learned about God? About your beliefs about God?
This week we dive deeply into what we believe about the resurrection of the body and the life everlasting. Do you think about what comes next after this life?
Our readings for this week: Mark 12: 18-27; 1 Corinthians 15: 35-58; Revelation 21: 1-8
Plan to join us this Sunday morning at 10:30 am or go to our FB page to link to Youtube live on Sunday mornings or anytime on our website redoakpresbyterianchurch.com
Questions to Ponder:
1. I encourage you to keep thinking about this question: What are some of your deeply held beliefs or convictions about God? About Jesus Christ?
2. When did it first really hit you that we are all going to die and that everyone we know and love is going to die?
3. J.I. Packer says, "Why is a religion that does not deal with death valueless to us?"
4. What does the Bible say about death being conquered?
5. Do you spend time thinking about heaven? Are you looking forward to heaven? Why or why not?
6. Why will heaven be delightful?
7. What will the residents of heaven do?
8. How does my faith influence the way I face the reality of my own death? How does it impact the way I deal with the surety of the deaths of those I love?
9. What do you believe about God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit? I choose to believe that.....