A parable is a simple story that illustrates a profound truth. Did you know that more than a third of Jesus' recorded teaching is in the form of parables? When we study the parables, we hear the voice of Jesus. What is He saying? What is our response?
Through this study, we will grow into a deeper love of the One of whom it was said: "No one ever spoke the way this man does." John 7:46
Our Scripture readings are Matthew 7:24-29; Luke 6:39-42
Plan to join us this Sunday morning at 10:30 am or go to our FB page to link to Youtube live on Sunday mornings or anytime on our website redoakpresbyterianchurch.com
Questions to Ponder:
1. Describe what makes a person wise. What makes a person foolish?
2. What's the foundatio of your life? Are you like the foolish man with your life built on sand?
3. How do we put the words of God into practice?
4. What are the things that distract us from digging deeper and founding our lives upon bedrock?
5. Storms come to all people. Only the storm reveals how we have built. When have you experienced storms in your life? What did the storm reveal to you?
6. How can God's Word make you stronger?
7. If you could identify one area of "shifting sand" in your life, what would it be?
8. Am I really building my life on the rock by DOING what Jesus said? When is the last time you purposefully CHANGED something in your life, and did something different than you were going to do, because of what you read or heard in the word of God?