by: Cindy Rolenc
Ephesians shows us that the church, the body of Christ, is central to God's eternal purposes. Through the church, God has chosen to make known His multifaceted wisdom. (3:10)
Questions to Ponder:
1. Why is unity important to a local church?
2. What are some ways that a church can promote unity among its members?
3. Paul has designated the believers' standing before Christ in the previous section of his letter. He now reveals how the believers should be living in light of this standing. What characteristics will reveal they are walking worthy of their calling (see verses 1-3)?
4. What does it mean to "walk worthy of the calling" that we receive (see verses 1-3)?
5. What responsibilities do you have as a member of a local church?
6. Why is it so important for believers to use their gifts in the church? How can you put your spiritual gifts to use for the benefit of the body of Christ?
7. How are believers different? Is this good or bad?
8. Explain the importance of doctrine for growing in spiritual maturity. (See verses 13-14)
9. What keeps believers from exhibiting humility, gentleness, and patience with one another and becoming one as Paul instructs in this passage?
10. What have you found most helpful in dealing with difficult people?