The Apostles' Creed is a summary of Christian teaching, and it is also a solemn pledge of allegiance. This creed is a framework for Christian thinking and Christian commitment. As we study the Apostles' Creed, we will see just how deeply God loves each of us.
This week we dive deeply into what we believe about forgiveness of sins.
Our readings for this week: Romans 5; Philippians 3:14-16.
Plan to join us this Sunday morning at 10:30 am or go to our FB page to link to Youtube live on Sunday mornings or anytime on our website redoakpresbytherianchurch.com
Questions to Ponder:
1. I encourage you to keep thinking about this questions: What are some of your deeply held beliefs or convictions about God? About Jesus Christ?
2. What is it that makes you a follower of Jesus Christ? What can you do if you have strayed from Christ's path?
3. What would you say is the effect of sin on our relationships - both with God and with other people?
4. J.I. Packer asks, "What is forgiveness and what does it do for the forgiven on a personal level?"
5. Why can't you earn forgiveness? Why is it that forgiveness comes through faith alone?
6. When we say, "I believe in the forgiveness of sins", what are we saying about ourselves? What are we saying about God?
7. Is there anything, any sin God cannot or will not forgive?
8. If we believe it is true that God wants to forgive us and release us from the burden of our sin, why is it that some people seem unable to let go of that burden?
9. Is there any sin weighing on your heart or mind today you need to give to God?